My research interests are in the intersection of applied cryptography, system security, and privacy. I am excited about using mathematical tools such as lattices to analyze and break existing systems, identifying the root problems that cause cryptography to fail in practice, and design systems to address these issues.
- MSc ETH Zurich – EPF Lausanne in Computer Science Major in Cyber Security (short: MSc ETH EPF CS)
- BSc ETH Zurich in Computer Science (short: BSc ETH CS)
- Research assisstant at the Privacy Preserving Systems Lab of ETH Zurich
- Content valuating and improving Fully Homomorphic Encryption (FHE) tool support
- Intern at DSwiss AG (2016)
- Adapting and extending automated server configurations, load and performance testing, E2E tests, replacing the company’s telephone system.
Ivan Puddu, Moritz Schneider, Miro Haller, Srdjan Čapkun. (2021). "Frontal Attack: Leaking Control-Flow in SGX via the CPU Frontend" USENIX Security 2021.
Alexander Viand, Patrick Jattke, Miro Haller, Anwar Hithnawi. (2022). "HECO: Automatic Code Optimizations for Efficient Fully Homomorphic Encryption" arXiv preprint, arXiv:2202.01649.
Matilda Backendal, Miro Haller and Kenneth G. Paterson. (2023). "MEGA: Malleable Encryption Goes Awry" 44th IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy.
June 06, 2019
Talk at ETHZ, Zurich, Switzerland
June 01, 2020
Talk at EPFL, Online
July 05, 2021
Talk at ETH Zurich, Online
October 12, 2021
Talk at Swiss Cyber Storm 2021, Bern, Switzerland
- Programming Languages: C, Python, C++, C#, Java, JS, MatLAB, NodeJS, ReactJS, Haskell, PHP, Bash, Ruby, GoLang, AS3, Lua
- Operating Systems: Barrelfish, BlackArch, Debian, Fedora, Kali, MacOS, Qubes OS, Ubuntu, Windows
- Tools & Products: Ansible, ACME, ASP.NET Core, Atom, AWS, Bash Bunny, CI/CD, Eclipse, ffmpeg, GDB, Ghidra, Git, GitLab, JetBrains Products, LAN turtle, Makefiles, Metasploit, MongoDB, Nginx, OpenSSL, Promela, Purism, pwntools, RaspberryPi, SCION, Selenium, SGX, Sublime, TLS, USB Rubber Ducky, Vim, VirtualBox, VMWare ESX, Wifi Pineapple, Postgres, Z3
German (native), English (fluent), French (elementary)
- Swiss Hacking Challenge
- I coach and promote young Swiss cyber security talents. The SHC provides a platform for them to meet like-minded people and helps them to follow their passion and stay on the right track. We organize a national selection and train for the European Cyber Security Challenge.
- Candle-dipping: I volunteer every year for this traditional event, mainly organized for families with small children.
- Videography: From time to time I volunteer to create short movies for events with a good purpose, such as a skateboarding contest organized by a local sustainability-focussed clothing brand. Click here for some of my conent.