My research interests are in the intersection of applied cryptography, system security, and privacy. I am excited about using mathematical techniques, such as lattices, for cryptanalysis, identifying the root problems that cause cryptography to fail in practice, and design systems to address these issues.
- MSc ETH Zurich – EPF Lausanne in Computer Science Major in Cyber Security (short: MSc ETH EPF CS)
- BSc ETH Zurich in Computer Science (short: BSc ETH CS)
- PhD at UCSD advised by Nadia Heninger (Fall 2022 - today)
- Alexander Viand*, Patrick Jattke, Miro Haller, Anwar Hithnawi. (2023). "HECO: Fully Homomorphic Encryption Compiler" USENIX Security 2023.
- Martin R. Albrecht, Miro Haller, Lenka Mareková*, Kenneth G. Paterson. (2023). "Caveat Implementor! Key Recovery Attacks on MEGA" Eurocrypt 2023.
- Matilda Backendal, Miro Haller* and Kenneth G. Paterson. (2023). "MEGA: Malleable Encryption Goes Awry" IEEE S&P 2023.
- Ivan Puddu*, Moritz Schneider, Miro Haller, Srdjan Čapkun. (2021). "Frontal Attack: Leaking Control-Flow in SGX via the CPU Frontend" USENIX Security 2021.
- MEGA: Malleable Encryption Goes Awry
- IEEE Security and Privacy 2023
- Brave Research Group
- Why E2EE Cloud Storage is hard - Challenges, Attacks and Best Practices
- RealWorldCrypto 2023
- Theory Seminar at UCSD
- CNS Research Review at UCSD
- Climbing the Hacking /mnt/ain
- Swiss Cyber Storm Conference
- Revisiting Microarchitectural Side-Channels
- Security and Cryptography Laboratory (LASEC), EPFL
- SGX Accurate Time Measurements
- System Security Group ETH Zurich
- Research assisstant at the Privacy Preserving Systems Lab of ETH Zurich
- Content valuating and improving Fully Homomorphic Encryption (FHE) tool support
- Intern at DSwiss AG (2016)
- Adapting and extending automated server configurations, load and performance testing, E2E tests, replacing the company’s telephone system.
- Distinguished paper award at IEEE S&P 2023.
- ETH Medal: Award for outstanding master’s thesis.
- Global Young Scientist Summit 2022: Nomination as ETH representative for the CS department.
- European Cyber Security Challenge: triple qualification for the Swiss National Team (2016, 2017, 2019), and team coach (2021, 2022)
- SwissSkills Expert: Expert for the Cyber Security Trait of the Swiss national championship for professions in 2022 and 2023.
- ISSS Excellence Award: Award for the best thesis in the field of information security in Switzerland in 2022.
- ICON: achieved first place with the team “sw1ss” in the 2018 final
- Swiss Olympiads of Informatics: double participation (2014, 2015)
- Best high school graduate of the year 2015 from the Neue Kantonsschule Aarau.